Created in 1995 by Dr. Cyril Cavadore, PRISM has evolved over the decades into a potent astronomy package to serve both the amateur and professional communities. Its main features are:
- One package to do it all:
- An extensive skychart
- Autofocus on a star, a surface (crater, sunspot, planet, etc..) or on a slit
- Autoguide on a star or a surface ( crater, sunspot, planet, etc..)
- Easy to use and very powerful: it takes a few minutes to setup and start imaging
- Automation is built right in; no need for ANY other software hence money and time savings
- Extensive skychart built right in; no need for ANY other software
- over 40 video tutorials to back that up
- Focus: Able to keep your stars sharp all night long whether it be on a star, a feature ( Moon crater, sun spot or else) or on a slite, you are always sure to be tack sharp
- Autoguide: Keep your images drift-free with the advanced algorithms that PRISM v10 packs. Automatic dec drift countermeasure, min-max thresholds, one on star or multiple, PRISM is the answer to these issues
- Skychart: One of the most advanced skycharts available on the market, you will get all the information you need in one place. Some of the online catalogs are downloaded and compiled automatically including NOMAD, PPMXL, GAIA DR1 and more.
- Pre and Post Process: Yes, you read that right. PRISM packs one of the best and fastest pre-processing tool there is. It is incredibly easy to use and video tutorials are available to help you. No need to scour the internet looking for information
- Video Tutorials: We have published more than 40 video tutorials and written blog posts to help our customers be as successful as possible.
- Customer Support: We are behind you all the way. We go out of our way, as astronomers ourselves, to make sure everyone succeeds in making scientific measurements or product stunning images.