We Ship Internationally
How To Create a Mosaic
Sometimes our equipment's field of of view just does not quite match the target we are trying to image. And some other times, the target is just too big :-) like M31, M42 and the running-man nebula, the heart and soul nebulae, etc..but there is a solution in PRISM for that too, naturally :-D
PRISM allows us the possibility to create a multi-panel mosaic to fit any target in a set of images that we can assemble ourselves. It even allows us to put these images together and form one main beautiful master frame. To get started, follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Set Up Your Field Of View
You can set up all this information easily in PRISM as follows:
- Open the skychart settings window
- Click on the "CCD/Telescope" Tab
- Check the box titled "Activate CCD field display"
- Select your camera from the dropdown menu
- IMPORTANT: you must input your telescope's focal length correctly. You can grab an image taken with the same telescope configuration and plate solve it OR use the manufactorer's specification as a start.
Step 2: Open The Mosaic Tool
Click on Observatory > Object List and a new tool opens up. Now click on File > Mosaic tool as shown below:
Step 3: Set up The Mosaic
Now it is time to choose our target and experiment with how to image it, what orientation, how many tiles, etc..
- IMPORTANT: Your camera must be connected for PRISM to retrieve its information
- Enter a target's name and press "Go" and PRISM will find its coordinates from the skychart
- Choose " By CCD fields"
- Once satisfied, press "OK" at the bottom
Step 4: Display The Mosaic On The Skychart
After you have set up your imaging, it is time to display it on the skychart to see about, fit, placement, orientation etc..
Step 5. Let's Image Now
PRISM in a true one-stop-shop software that allows you to plan, acquire and process. Head over to Observatory > Automatic Observation and click on "Import Object List [OBJL]. PRISM will import all the tiles and what is left to do it head over to the "Execute tab" and press "Go". It is that easy. This press will take you 5 minutes to go through.
Fullscreen for better viewing :-D