- Zero Maintenance : No gears,no worms and no belts : no maintenance, no mechanical wear, no summer-winter gear and worm tuning
Extremely High Resolution Absolute Encoders: 67 million encoders on each axis
- No Periodic Error
- High speed Slewing ( up to 20°/sec)
- Long unguided exposures with higher focal lengths is possible
No Autoguiding with the correct models and stiff gear.
- Mechanical Brakes: Do not fret loss of power if unbalanced
- Large access shafts through the mounts permits a larger number of cables can be routed through the mount to negate cable snags
Can't Get Lost: Start the mount in any position, it knows immediately its location in space due to the extremely high absolute positioning
The NOVA120 is the latest offering if great reliability, longevity and extreme accuracy.
||up to 120 kg/ 262LBS
|RA-DEC axis diameter
||Ø120 mm hollow shafts
|Weight without couterweights
||90 kg/ 198LBS
||4 preloaded 160/120 mm high accuracy ball bearings
||220V / 110V AC up to 120W axis
|Motors operating voltage
||One high torque frameless brusless motor per axis
||67 millions steps per rotation (26 bits), Absolute encoders 0.019 arsec per encoder step
|Absolute positionning on start up
||On both axis, magnetic brakes when power drops
||0 to 60°, for other latitudes, contact us
|Pointing accuracy (with Pointing model)
||downto 5 arcsec rms
||Better than 0.25 arcsec in 5 min
||+/- 15 °
||Windows 7 to 10, ASCOM compliant softwarePRISM Software
||5 or 10 kg counterweights
You can access quick TLE information right from the driver
Tracking the ISS
With built-it advanced capabilities such as downloading and compiling information of TLE and MPC, The Nova driver allows you quick and precise access to all the information you need with a few clicks, RIGHT IN THE DRIVER.
The next image shows snapshot of Messier 27, this is a single 300s raw exposure with the mount set in ALTAZ mode ("Polar axis" aiming to the zenith)
A derotator has been used, to compensate for field rotation. A pointing and speed model has been used to perform this image. Stars are very round, and tracking performance is very good. Image sampling is 0.8 arcsec/pixel.
Tested...To The Limit..
We test the mount with a concrete cylinder that weighs 100KG or 220LBS to ensure the mount operates flawlessly at or near capacity. The NOVA performed admirably and was performing slews at 20 degrees per sec.
Tracking Fast Moving Objects
The next image shows a fast moving asteroid, 2006 DP 14, located at 0.08 ua from earth. The speed of the asteroid is 12 arcmin per hour, both RA and DEC directions. A single 300s unguided exposure shows the trail due to the motion of the asteroid.
The mount (and the software) can compensate for such a speed, and move the mount at the asteroid motion rate (plus the sidereal rate, refraction rate and tracking model rate). The next image shows a 600s at the object's speed using the pointing models. You can appreciate the sharpness of the image due to a high level of accuracy.
Tracking Case Study
Long unguided images are a reality now provided the imaging train is stiff.Here is a raw image of a 900s (15 minutes!!!!! ) unguided exposure, where no star trail or elongation is visible. The scale is 0.85/arcsec/pixel. Please download here manual about pointing model (PDF).
The next image is recorded with Nova 120 mount where the polar axis that was offset, on purpose, by 5 arcmin from the pole. A 10 minute un-guided image shows that the polar alignment is so bad that the stars are all trailing !
With an excellent mount comes an excellent driver as well.
- Fully compatible ASCOM driver
- With the power of T-Point, automatically compensate for polar misalignment, encoder SIN and COS errors, repeatable collimation issues and much more
- Download satellite orbital data (TLE) automatically and be up-to-date in seconds
- Download and use the latest MPC data
- Calculate intercept and be ready at a moment's notice to image fast movers
- Differential tracking with the proper pointing models
- Download the latest Nova DDR driver Here
UNGUIDED IMAGES TAKEN BY ACTUAL CUSTOMERS