Perseus 4-port Instrument Selector
*** PRISM Controls the Perseus Port Selector Nativerly ***
Optec's 4-port Instrument Selector allows the remote observatory user the ability to remotely select any of four instrument packages attached to their telescope.
Now in the third generation, Optec's Perseus Instrument Selector GEN3 is the latest in multiple instrument automation. Perseus GEN3 features both USB/Serial and Ethernet communications with iPhone, iPad, and Android smartphone control. With a reliable stepper motor from Lin Engineering and completely redesigned control circuit, the Perseus is more robust than ever. A hard mechanical stop ensures repeatable positional accuracy with each port. Optec's Perseus GEN3 Instrument Selector is the undisputed standard for multiple instrument clusters attached to any observator class telescope.
There are four instrument ports - three 2-inch ports and one 3-inch port available with the Perseus. In the video below, the mirror is not yet attached to the prototype but it is an 1/8th wave first surface elliptical mirror with a 3-inch minor axis.
The embedded circuit has a single push button interface for use at the telescope and an RS232 DB9 interface for remote control. LED indicators show the currently selected instrument.
- Overall Height: 7.00" (17.8cm)
- Main Body Diameter: 4.25" (10.8cm)
- Weight: approx. 5 lb. (2.25 kg)
- Telescope Adapter: OPTEC-3600 Female Dovetail Mount
- Instrument Ports: Three 2-inch & One 3-inch
- Primary Port #1:
- Mechanical Interface: OPTEC-3600 Male Dovetail
- Clear Aperture: 3.0" (76mm)
- Back-focus usage: 4.5" (11.4 cm)
- Secondary Ports #2, #3, #4:
- Primary Mechanical Interface: OPTEC-2400 Male Dovetail
- Clear Aperture: 2.1" (53mm)
- Back-focus usage: 4.3in (11.0cm)
- Secondary Interface: Knurled Parfocal adjusting OPTEC-2300 Receiver
- Clear Aperture: 1.9" (48mm)
- Back-focus usage: 5.0" to 5.5" (12.7cm to 14cm)
- Total Parfocal Travel: 0.5" (12.7mm)
- Mounting Options: T-thread, SCT thread, C-mount, Pentax
- Control Interface: Push-button Selection, Software control, Smartphone app
- Multiple Communications Interfaces:
- RS-232 serial with Optec's USB/Serial cable (included),
- Standard TCP/IP Ethernet with RJ45 socket (Ethernet cable included),
- iPhone, iPad, and Android control through embedded web pages.
- Software Interface: Fully ASCOM compliant Perseus Commander software available for download. Local server includes focus and mount control for non-parfocal instrument clusters.
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price then us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
You may pay for your order on Hyperion Astronomy with any of the payment options listed below. As soon as you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. Should you have any questions about your order or payments please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 1-480-493-5089.
We accept several methods of payment as listed below. No matter what method you choose, we guarantee that every transaction you make on our site will be 100% secure. All prices are listed in U.S. dollars.
Credit Cards – We currently accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards. You can safely enter your entire credit card number via our secure server, which encrypts all submitted information.
Hyperion Astronomy is proud to work with Paypal and Paypal Credit. Financing is available through Paypal Credit. We also use the very popular Affirm credit platform.
Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-480-493-5089 should you have any questions about paying for your order.