Astrodon LRGB Gen2 E-Series Tru-Balance Filter Sets
Astrodon LRGB Gen2 E-Series Tru-Balance Filter Sets have revolutionized CCD imaging. Their popularity is due to their ease-of-use, high optical throughput and great resulting colors for galaxies, star clusters and nebulae.
E-Series filters are designed to approximately equalize the flux of red-sensitive full-frame (formerly Kodak E-Series) CCD detectors, including compensation for the solar photon flux. This means that your RGB color combine weights will be approximately 1:1:1 within perhaps 10% for equal length exposures. This can never be perfect, but it does allow you to take one exposure time for all of your RGB data and therefore, only just one corresponding dark exposure time. Again, this saves you precious imaging time and thus, simplifies your imaging.
- Set includes Luminance (NIR/UV-blocked colorless), Red, Green and Blue filters
- 1.25? mounted, 31, 36, 49.7 mm dia, 49.7 mm square (36 mm filters will not exceed 36.1 mm dia.)
- 3 +/-0.025 mm single 1/4-wave fused silica substrate before coating
- 30 arcsec parallelism
- ~1:1:1 color combine weights for G2V white-point for Full-Frame (E) detectors
- Best choice for back-thinned and Sony detectors
- Equal RGB exposures and one dark time
- Better color separation (see spectra)
- Better color rendition for galaxies based upon color theory
- Significant reflection and star halo reduction
- Enhanced contrast for HII regions in galaxies due to narrower red (not orange) filter
- Spectral “gap” between green and red filters to minimize effect of light pollution, especially from high pressure sodium street lamps (see spectra)
- Highest efficiency blue filter with less UV
- Correct “teal” OIII color for planetary nebula (OIII signal >97% in blue and green)
- Parfocal with Astrodon‘s high-performance narrowband, Clear and Near-IR Luminance filters
- Ultra-hard and durable sputtered coatings coated to the edge of each filter
- Proudly made in the U.S.A.
Astrodon LRGB Gen2 E-Series Tru-Balance Filter Sets were designed for cameras containing the full-frame KAF8300, KAF3200, KAF6303, KAF16803 sensors. They are also a good choice for the latest Sony and back-thinned sensor or any camera with a Progressive Scan Sensor, Front Illuminated or Back Illuminated. The E-Series red filter is a deep red filter about 60 nm wide, which excludes much of the light pollution from high pressure sodium street lamps. Other filter suppliers try to “force fit” their orange filter (designed for the interline KAI11000, KAI2000 sensors) for use with these full-frame sensors. Their orange filter is about twice as wide spectrally as our deep red filter. As a result, their orange filter tends to “wash out” HII regions in galaxies and detail in nebula. Their blue and green color weights are no longer balanced and as a result, the OIII color in planetary nebula is skewed strongly toward blue, rather than the correct teal color. These are the reasons why Astrodon designed E- and I-Series filters for these different classes of cameras for optimum results.
Notice that Astrodon LRGB Gen2 E-Series Tru-Balance Filter Sets are coated to the edge. Other filters leave an uncoated “rim” near the edge that must be blocked by a mask or the design of the filter wheel. Our approach minimizes stray light from polluting your image.
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price then us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
You may pay for your order on Hyperion Astronomy with any of the payment options listed below. As soon as you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. Should you have any questions about your order or payments please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 1-480-493-5089.
We accept several methods of payment as listed below. No matter what method you choose, we guarantee that every transaction you make on our site will be 100% secure. All prices are listed in U.S. dollars.
Credit Cards – We currently accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards. You can safely enter your entire credit card number via our secure server, which encrypts all submitted information.
Hyperion Astronomy is proud to work with Paypal and Paypal Credit. Financing is available through Paypal Credit. We also use the very popular Affirm credit platform.
Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-480-493-5089 should you have any questions about paying for your order.