DirectSync APO Motor for 2.5-inch Focusers on Meade, Stellarvue, Astro-Tech, and other Apochomatic refractors.
Optec's FocusLynx DirectSync APO system is an aftermarket add-on for several import Apochromat telescopes with dual-speed focusers. Meade Instruments, Stellarvue, and other telescope manufacturers include compatible focusers for theDirectSync APO motor. Like all Optec DirectSync and QuickSync motors, the new DirectSync APO motor provides a direct drive motor that can be easily disengaged for manual focusing. The DirectSync APO motor kit is easy to install and provides a digital focusing solution that also allows manual focus when at the telescope.
DirectSync APO Motor fits several Apochromat focusers.
The FocusLynx DirectSync APO package was designed especially for the Meade Series 6000 apochromat triplet telescope series but also fits the Stellarvue SV70T and the Access Series. A full list of compatible telescopes and focusers is provided below. With a direct gearing system that leaves the planetary reduction assembly and unique tensioning system intact, DirectSync APO can achieve greater positional repeatability and carry imaging camera packages in excess of 5 kg (11-lbs).
Coupled with the FocusLynx controller, DirectSync can be used in both manual and automatic focusing modes. Fully ASCOM compliant, FocusLynx Commander software works in conjunction with higher level client software such as FocusMax and Maxim D/L as well as CCDSoft and TheSky X to provide auto-focusing for a wide variety of manual focusers.
The #19776 DirectSync APO motor fits the following telescope focusers.
- Astro-Tech AT80EDT, AT115EDT, AT130EDT f/6 ED Triplet Refractors,
- Meade Series 6000 ED Triplet APO 80mm,
- Meade Series 6000 ED Triplet APO 115mm,
- Meade Series 6000 ED Triplet APO 130mm,
- Stellarvue SV70T f/6 APO Triplet,
- Stellarvue Access Series refractors SV80, SV102, and SV125,
- Teleskop Service TS-Optics Photoline 130mm f/7 Triplet APO,
- William Optics Star 71 Limited Blue Edition 71mm f/4.9,
- William Optics Gran Turismo 71 APO Refractor.
DirectSync APO Motor (#19776)
- Motor Housing Width: 1.9" (48mm)
- Overall Length: 3.35" (85mm)
- Weight: 5.2 oz (150 g)
- Step Resolution: approx. 1 micron per step
- Stepper Motor: Bi-polar NPM 15-ohm with 1:25 gearhead
- Connection to FocusLynx: Standard Ethernet cable (included)
- Temperature Probe: Integrated Digital Sensor type TMP04FT9Z
- Current Draw: Maximum draw approx. 350mA