Rent a FirstLight Telescope
Another benefit of Explore Alliance membership is the ability to Rent an Explore Scientific FirstLight Telescope for your next star gazing trip. This particular model, the Explore FirstLight 102mm Doublet Refractor with EXOS EQ Nano Mount gives you everything you need to observe the moon, planets, and many deep sky objects.
Explore Alliance Rentals are an exclusive try before you buy benefit for Explore Alliance Members living in or visiting the USA. Your rental includes a complete telescope with a set of accessories to allow you to explore the night sky. Perfect for backyard stargazing, birthday parties, company events, vacation travel, and special occasions like lunar eclipses.
With the smartphone camera attachment you can learn to photograph and share your images of our nearest celesial neighbor, the moon!
- Rental gives Explore Alliance Members the flexibility to try before you buy.
- 102mm aperture is ideal for getting excellent views of the moon, planets, and many deep sky favorites.
- Doublet design uses a pairing of glass lenses separated by a cushion of air to minimize chromatic aberrations.
- EXOS Nano is a light-duty German equatorial mount that has slow-motion controls for smooth manual tracking of objects as they move across the night sky.
- Mount can hold up to 15lbs of equipment.
- Full size tripod includes accessory tray to keep eyepieces handy and provide additional stability.
- Model comes with a 25mm Plössl eyepiece, a 90° diagonal for more comfortable viewing and a red dot viewfinder to aid in object location.
- Built-in dew shield slows moisture build-up on the objective lens and reduces interference from ambient light.
- Included adapter helps observers use their smart device to capture and share images.
|Comes With||Smartphone Adapter, One 25 mm Plössl Eyepiece, Red Dot Viewfinder, Downloadable Software|
|Focal Length||1000mm focal length|
|Adapter||40mm draw tube focuser; 1.25in 90° Diagonal|
|Eyepiece (Included)||25mm Plössl|
|Mount Type||EXOS Nano EQ3 German Equatorial mount|
|Finder Type||Red Dot|
- You must be an Explore Alliance member in good standing to take advantage of the rental benefit. An Explore Scientific Customer Service Representative will contact you to go over your rental and to verify your membership before shipment. The rental benefit is available to all membership levels, including the complimentary Legacy Membership.
- Rental is pre-fueled to include one-way ground shipping to anywhere in the continental USA. Return shipping is the responsibility.
- The rental period begins from the time it leaves our warehouse to the time it is checked in.
- Includes free technical support at (866) 252-3811.
CA Residents: Prop 65 WARNING(S)
Price Match Guarantee
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price then us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
Frequently Asked Questions
As soon as you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days), we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
If your order is stock and we process the charges to your credit card, it will ship within five business days from the date of your order. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order, feel free to follow up with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery. If your item(s) do arrived damaged, please send photos email@example.com
and we will process an insurance claim on your behalf.
Cancellations & Refunds:
If you order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.