Gemini Focusing Rotator
Optec engineers have developed a completely new concept for combining telescope focus and camera rotation functions into a single robust, yet compact package. Rather than simply adding a rotator onto the end of a focuser drawtube, Gemini was designed from inception with a rotating drawtube providing superior strength and rigidity for heavy camera payloads. Featuring four lead-screws and four linear bearings, Gemini can easily handle 10-kg. (22-lbs.) payload packages without flexure. Full 360-degree rotation is a built-in function of the Gemini with a full 1/2" of linear travel. At the center of travel, Gemini measures a mere 2.45" in thickness.
Like all Optec focuser products, Gemini includes a remote temperature probe for automatic temperature compensation. Simply attach the temperature probe anywhere in the linear response zone of your OTA (usually the tube or truss assembly) and Gemini will automatically keep the camera package in sharp focus. The Gemini Commander software provides a convenient wizard to help determine your telescope's TC or temperature coefficient.
To maintain a flat, rigid base for heavy camera packages, Gemini's shell consists of two parallel plates machined from MIC-6 tool plate providing flatness within 0.001" (25 microns). Seven precise stand-off spacers maintain the 2.2" separation of these plates. The rotating drawtube is moved linearly with 1/2" of total travel using a premium timing belt driven by a high torque stepper motor. The entire package is accented with a beautiful carbon fiber wrap. Dual RJ45 connectors provide connection to the Gemini Control hub. The independent rotating drawtube is supported by a custom X-cage bearing system supported by large, 6mm chrome ball bearings.
Specifications for Gemini and Controller:
Focusing Rotator Physical Specifications:
- Clear Aperture: 3.75" (95mm)
- Back-Focus Usage: 2.2" to 2.7" (55.9 to 68.6mm)
- Focuser Travel: 0.5" (12.7mm)
- Focuser Resolution: 0.11 microns per step
- Rotator Resolution: 600 steps per degree
- Minimum Overall Thickness: 2.2" (55.9mm) [Full IN position]
- Dimensions: 9.4" x 7.4" (239mm x 187mm)
- Weight: 6 lb. 6 oz. (2.9 kg)
Gemini Controller Hub Specifications:
Controller Hub Specifications:
- Length: 5.1" (130mm)
- Width: 3.2" (81mm)
- Height: 1.0" (27mm)
- Weight: 10 oz. (285 g)
- Mounting Holes: Four 4-40 x 1/8" depth (reverse side)
- Case Material: 6061 aluminum, anodized black.
Gemini Hub Port Connections:
- Focuser: RJ45 socket for standard Cat-5e/Cat-6 cable to Focuser port
- Rotator: RJ45 socket for standard Cat-5e/Cat-6 cable to Rotator port
- Power: 12VDC input, 2.5 x 5.5mm plug, center pin positive
- Network: Standard RJ45 Ethernet socket
- Hand Controller: RJ22 socket for standard telephone handset cord
- Serial: RJ12 socket for Optec USB/Serial cable
- Wireless: 802.11 WiFi option
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price then us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
You may pay for your order on Hyperion Astronomy with any of the payment options listed below. As soon as you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. Should you have any questions about your order or payments please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 1-480-493-5089.
We accept several methods of payment as listed below. No matter what method you choose, we guarantee that every transaction you make on our site will be 100% secure. All prices are listed in U.S. dollars.
Credit Cards – We currently accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards. You can safely enter your entire credit card number via our secure server, which encrypts all submitted information.
Hyperion Astronomy is proud to work with Paypal and Paypal Credit. Financing is available through Paypal Credit. We also use the very popular Affirm credit platform.
Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-480-493-5089 should you have any questions about paying for your order.