Losmandy G-11 - G-11 GLT
Losmandy G-11 German Equatorial Mount with 21 lb. Counterweight, Gemini 2 GOTO System, and Folding HD Tripod
The G-11 is one of the worldâ€™s best selling and most sought-after equatorial mounts. Based on the Russell W. Porter Slip-Ring design, this German Equatorial mount is manufactured with all-machined aluminum and stainless steel, and finished in black with a durable hard anodize. Removable stainless steel 1â€“1/4 inch diameter weight shaft w/safety knob. A 21 lb. counterweight is standard equipment, and optional 7 lb and 11 lb counterweights are available. The G-11 is rated for 100 lbs. total capacity (instruments and counterweights combined).
Polar alignment adjustments are precision and smooth. For initial polar alignment setup, the G-11 has two bubble levels and the mountâ€™s latitude scale is laser etched in 2 degree increments.The equatorial head is supported by the Losmandy HD Folding Tripod with itâ€™s massive 3-inch diameter, continuously adjustable legs for precise leveling. The mountâ€™s 1.25-inch stainless steel polar axis is hollowed to allow through the polar axis sighting of the Northern or Southern Celestial pole, and an optional Polar Scope, to help make precision polar alignments quick and easy. The unique fully locking tangent arm design for altitude adjustment for aligning to the celestial pole is from 6â€“68 degrees latitude, and sports a large easy-to-adjust aluminum knob. The single knob azimuth control is bi-directional with +/- 8.5 degrees adjustment.
The Gemini 2 GOTO System with its 40,000+ object library has a full color graphic touch screen to clearly display all functions. The hand controller also has a tactile four button array on the reverse side of the touch screen console for times when you need to feel buttons to control the mount (such as when wearing gloves). Although the Gemini 2 is a stand-alone unit, it can connect to a host computer, and is designed for astro imaging and remote operation of the mount.
Scott Losmandy is the designer of the world-famous G-11 mount and tripod that works with most popular-sized telescopes for the serious astronomer. A lifelong amateur astronomer, designer, and machinist, Losmandy understands the functional requirements of demanding astrophotography and astronomy. His designs are characterized by precision all-machined parts in aluminum and stainless steel that are not only beautiful, but built with strength that will handle heavy payloads for a lifetime of constant use.
- Full Color Graphic Touch Screen clearly displays all functions
- Auto color change from dawn to dusk
- Classic four-button pattern for guiding, centering, moving and slewing on both the touch screen and a tactile membrane on the rear Ã¥ÃŠ
- 1 star alignment
- Multi star modeling for accurate pointing on both sides of meridian
- 30 arcsec all sky positional accuracy or better
- Custom mount support using the Programmable Gear Rate function
- Selectable GOTO, Slewing, Centering and Guiding Rate
- GOTO rates up to 8 degs/sec (GM8)
- DC Servos with high torque and smooth tracking
- GPS-compatible with optional receiver
- Stand-alone system. No PC required!
- Ethernet 10/100 with full IP function permits operation from anywhere using a browser, ASCOM, or APP over the web or serial port
- Non-Volatile Memory and Real-Time Clock
- Internal Battery keeps settings and preferences stored between uses
- English, French, Spanish & German displays
- Over 40,000 objects
- Two USB ports; Virtual COM to PC, ASCOM or planetarium program
- Port F - multi-function serial; A/D I/O
- Firmware upgrade via internet
- Permanent PEC correction
- Auto-Guide port (TTL)
- Auto switch tracking rates
- User defined Park function
- Search function
- Identify function
- Polar Align Assist
- Polar Axis Correction
- User define limit stops
- Permanent Dec Backlash compensation
- Electronic Balance Graph
- Sidereal, King, Lunar, Solar, Terrestrial, Closed loop and Comet/user defined tracking rates
- Synchronize function
- Coordinate input
- Bookmark set for your favorite objects
- All objects displayed on hand controller are visible
- All machined aluminum and stainless steel, black anodized.
- All stainless steel hardware.
- One 3.750" diameter needle thrust bearing.
- One 2.000" diameter needle thrust bearing.
- Two 1.500" diameter needle bearings.
- 5.625" diameter, 7075 aluminum worm gear, 360 tooth.
- Dual supported, ball bearing housed ground High Precision Brass Worm.
- Variable slip clutch, both axes. One knob per axis design.
- Porter Slip Ring Design
- 1.250" diameter stainless steel shafts.
- Through the axis polar scope mounting, works in Northern and Southern Hemisphere. Polar scope optional.
- Instrument Weight Capacity 60 LBS
- Equatorial head weight 33 lbs.
|Item Number||G-11 GLT|
|GOTO System||Gemini 2; 40,000 Objects|
|Load Capacity Rating||Total: 100 lbs. (45.36 Kilos); Instrument Weight: 60 lbs. (27.22 Kilos)|
|Height to Center of Saddle||With Tripod Adjustment Range: 48â€“67 Inches (1.22- 1.7 meters)|
|Weight||EQ Head is 33 lbs.|
Limited Warranty is one year, which converts to the Explore STAR Transferable Extended Life of the Product Warranty when product is registered within 60 days of purchase. Click Here to register.