Orion Sirius Pro AZ/EQ-G Computerized GoTo Telescope Mount
- Compact hybrid GoTo mount can support one telescope or two telescopes side-by-side
- Supports up to a 30-pound telescope payload with rock-solid stability - ideal for both astrophotography and visual observations
- Whisper-quiet belt-assisted stepper motor drive GoTo system can locate and track any of over 42,000 celestial target objects
- Sophisticated GoTo system with dual optical encoders allows mount be moved manually without losing GoTo alignment
- Conveniently compact mount and foldable "pier pod" tripod stand is easy to transport to dark sky sites
Details: This compact mount combines astrophotography-caliber tracking precision with the ability to hold one or two mid-sized telescopes and a database of over 42,000 night-sky targets. The Orion Sirius Pro AZ/EQ-G Mount operates in equatorial GoTo mode holding one telescope, or in altazimuth GoTo and tracking mode with one or two telescopes attached side-by-side. The whisper-quiet, belt assisted stepper motor drive system can locate any of over 42,000 celestial objects in its computerized hand controller's database. The closed-loop GoTo system electronics features two sets of optical encoders per axis of motion, meaning once you perform an initial alignment you can manually move the attached telescope to a new target and the mount will still know where it's pointing in the sky! In equatorial mode, the sturdy Sirius Pro can hold up to 30 lbs. of equipment for stable support of imaging telescopes and trains of astrophotography gear. A narrowdovetail saddle makes secure telescope attachment easy. Thanks to its low-profile tripod and 0-deg-90-deg latitude range, the Orion Sirius Pro can be used in any location on the planet.With the capability of supporting two telescopes at once, the Sirius Pro AZ/EQ-G Mount can be used to obtain two views of the night sky simultaneously. In altaz mode, either side of the mount can support up to a 30lb. telescope. A removable second dovetail mounting saddle is included. This is a highly transportable, yet very sturdy telescope mount; the mount head and foldable pier-tripod weigh in at 28.8 lbs. without counterweights, and the fully assembled Sirius Pro tips the scales at just 33 lbs. with the two included 7.5 lb. counterweights attached. The mount's counterweight shaft is retractable, and a 4.7" (12cm) thread-on extension is also included for balancing versatility. The computerized Orion Sirius AZ/EQ-G GoTo Telescope Mount requires a 12V DC power supply such as an Orion Dynamo or an AC-to-DC adapter (both sold separately).