Sun Catcher Variable Large Aperture Solar Filter
NOTE: All Explore Scientific Solar Equipment is rated ISO12312â€“2 supplied by Thousand Oaks Optical and Approved for Direct Observation of the Sun
Observe Granulation Features and Sun Spots. Perfect for Eclipse Chasers!
Explore Scientificâ€™s Sun Catcher Variable Large Aperture Solar Filters are available in many sizes to work on most telescopes from 70mm up to 12-inch SCTs, and of course all Explore FirstLight, and Explore Scientific Telescopes. If you need a custom size, call (866) 252â€“3811 and connect to Customer Service. A representative will take the measurement that you need and Explore Scientific will quote the price to you.
The Solar Filter material being used is the new advanced â€˜Solarliteâ€™ Film manufactured by world famous Thousand Oaks Optical through years of research and development. â€˜Solarliteâ€™ a new solar film that has the optical quality of glass with the advantages of impregnated polymerâ€¦ perfect for the solar astrophotographer!
Conforms to and meets the Transmission Requirements of ISO 12312â€“2, Filters for Direct Observation of the Sun. Meets the Transmission Requirements of EN 1836:2005 + A1:2007 (E) for an E15 Filter for the Direct Observation of the Sun. Meets the Transmission Requirements of AS/NZS 1338.1:2012, Filters for Eye Protectors. EC Type Examination by: SAI Global Assurance Services Ltd. (Notified Body No. NB2056), MK5 8HJ U.K.
- ISO 12312â€“2 Rated; 100% Safe for Eclipse Viewing
- Lightweight and generally does not require rebalancing tube assembly.
- Stronger than any other solar filter film on the market. It is highly tear and puncture resistant.
- Consistent yellow-orange solar image.
- Even density with any aperture that keeps a flat surface as compared to other thin film filters that have wrinkles and creases.
- Thousand Oaks Optical Guarantees Solarlite Filter Material for 15 years.