Celestron EdgeHD and other telescopes with limited flange-to-focus distances. The provenFocusLynx control system is included with every TCF-Leo and can be expanded to provide control for a second focuser. The FocusLynx system includes optional 802.11 WiFi and Hand Control accessories.
The unique shape of the TCF-Leo is designed to fit neatly between the lock and focus knobs of the Celestron EdgeHD C-11 telescope OTA. With a center-to-edge distance of about 2.2-inches (55mm), the TCF-Leo works exceptionally well withInnovation Foresight's On-Axis Guider, providing clearance for large cameras and filter wheels above either of the flat edges of the TCF-Leo. Additionally, the TCF-Leo's 3600 receiver fits directly on to the large 3-inch port of the Perseus Instrument Selector for ultra-fine focus of a large format camera.
For owners of the EdgeHD Celestron C1400telescopes, Optec offers a set of replacement knobs for the original lock knobs which provide clearance for the TCF-Leo. Our #19792 Sure-Lock Mirror Support Clutch upgrade includes two brass replacement lock knobs that are easily installed without tools.
Click here for additional details for the Sure-Lock replacement knob set.
With standard Optec interfaces on both telescope and camera sides, nearly any telescope imaging system can be configured. Specify any of our OPTEC-3600telescope mounts or contactPrecise Parts for a custom adapter to fit any telescope.
As a full 3-inch focuser, the TCF-Leo drawtube accepts any of our OPTEC-3000adapters developed for the TCF-S3 and TCF-Lynx3 heavy duty focusers. The optional Precision Centering Adapter allows any large 2-inch diagonal or eyepiece to be added behind the focuser. Visual users will appreciate the FocusLynx Hand Controller with fine-focus rotary knob for no-touch operation of the telescope focus. A special discounted price for the FocusLynx Hand Controller is available at purchse.
- Overall Thickness: 1.25in (31.8mm) to 1.6in (40.6mm)
- Focuser Travel: 0.35" (8.9mm)
- Focuser Midpoint: 1.425" (36.2mm)
- Total Step Travel: 112,000 steps
- Step Resolution: 0.08 microns
- Weight: 1lb. 14 oz. (0.85 kg)
- Payload Capacity: 20-lbs. (9 kg)
- Telescope-side Mount: OPTEC-3600 dovetail
- Camera-Side Mount: OPTEC-3000 3-inch drawtube
- Control System: FocusLynx Controller (included)
FocusLynx Controller SpecificationsFunctional Specifications:
- Stepper Motor Control: bipolar and unipolar stepper motors,
- Resolution: 16-bit controller with 65,535 step range per focuser,
- PC Connectivity: USB/Serial, Ethernet, or optional 802.11 WiFi,
- Hand Control: Optional 2-button with Digital Read-Out,
- WiFi Connection: Optional 802.11b/g compatible,
- Second Stepper: Optional plug-in daughter board,
- Input Power: 12VDC univeral power supply (110 to 230VAC input),
- Alternative Power: Field battery voltage (13.8VDC) with optional automotive cigarette lighter plug,
- Software Drivers: ASCOM local server, X2 native drivers for TheSky X
- Focuser 1: RJ45 socket for standard Cat-5e/Cat-6 to focuser,
- Focuser 2: Optional second stepper board for RJ45 socket,
- Power: 12VDC input, 2.5 x 5.5mm plug, center pin positive,
- Network: Standard RJ45 Ethernet socket,
- Hand Controller: RJ22 socket for standard telephone handset cord,
- Serial: RJ12 socket for Optec USB/Serial cable (included).
Accessories you might need: https://www.hyperion-astronomy.com/products/sure-lock-mirror-support-clutch-knobs?variant=18939602141241
Price Match Guarantee
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price then us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
Frequently Asked Questions
As soon as you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days), we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
If your order is stock and we process the charges to your credit card, it will ship within five business days from the date of your order. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order, feel free to follow up with us at email@example.com
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery. If your item(s) do arrived damaged, please send photos firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will process an insurance claim on your behalf.
Cancellations & Refunds:
If you order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.