ZWO ASI1600MM Pro 16 MP CMOS Monochrome Astronomy Camera with USB 3.0 # ASI1600MM-P
- ZWO ASI1600MM-Pro cooled monochrome astronomy camera for capturing high-resolution images of deep-sky objects such as nebulae, supernova remnants, galaxies, and the Moon and Sun through a telescope on a motorized equatorial mount (solar imaging requires a solar filter, not included); Can be used to produce color images with an astronomical color filter set and standard image processing techniques
- Advanced CMOS sensor with 4656x3520 (16 megapixel) resolution and 3.8-micron pixel size to capture fine detail in astronomical objects with good signal-to-noise ratio; High quantum efficiency to help reduce exposure time; Integrated TEC cooling reduces sensor temperature to 35C below ambient to enable low-noise imaging of fainter deep-sky objects
- Fast USB3.0 transfer at up to 14.7 frames per second at maximum resolution; 256MB DDR3 buffer for quick and stable data transfer and reduced amp glow; includes separate USB2.0 hub for powering accessories such as autoguiding camera and electronic focuser (not included)
- Compact, lightweight, and attractive red anodized CNC aluminum body stands up to heavy field use; Connects to 1.25" and 2" telescope focusers with included T-threaded 1.25" nosepiece and 2" adapter
- Camera electronics draw power from your computer's USB3.0 interface, however a separate 12V@3A power supply (not included) is required to power the TEC cooler; All software and drivers are available from the manufacturer's website; compatible with Mac OS X and Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) XP and later
Details: Cooled black and white camera for demanding astrophotographers!
A modern Panasonic CMOS sensor is used, which convinces with its very high sensitivity and very low noise at the same time.
- USB 3.0 for a fast download - can also be operated with USB 2.0
- DDR memory buffer 256 MB for stable data transfer with USB2.0 - prevents amplifier glowing.
- Powerful Peltier cooling up to 45 ° C under ambient conditions
- Distance T2 connection thread (internal thread) to the camera sensor: 17.5 mm
- High sensitivity - QE over 60% - ideal astronomy camera for faint objects
Application areas of the camera:
- DeepSky images (nebulae and galaxies): Due to the high sensitivity, nebulae and galaxies are visible after only a few seconds. The camera can be cooled to up to 45°C under ambient conditions. As a result, the already low noise is further reduced. By raising the GAIN (Comparable to the ISO setting for digital SLR cameras), you can reduce the exposure time to less than 30 seconds. Effects due to inaccuracies of the tracking are thus switched off.
- Lunar and planetary images: Extremely short exposure times due to high sensitivity. Due to the high resolution of the sensor many details can be reproduced even with a shorter telescope focal length. Video astronomy is also possible.
DDR memory buffer is the main difference between ASI "Cool" and "Pro" cameras: ASI1600 Pro camera includes one 256MB DDR3 memory buffer to help data transfer more stable and no amp-glow issue which is caused by the slow speed data transfer durin