ZWO ASI183MC Pro 20.18 MP CMOS Color Astronomy Camera with USB 3.0 # ASI183MC-P
- ZWO ASI183MC-Pro cooled color astronomy camera for capturing high-resolution color images of deep-sky objects such as nebulae, supernova remnants, galaxies, and the Moon and Sun through a telescope on a motorized equatorial mount (solar imaging requires a solar filter, not included)
- Advanced CMOS sensor with 5496x3672 (20.1 megapixel) resolution and 2.4-micron pixel size to capture fine detail in astronomical objects; High quantum efficiency to help reduce exposure time; Integrated TEC cooling reduces sensor temperature to 40C-45C below ambient to enable low-noise imaging of fainter deep-sky objects
- Fast USB3.0 transfer at up to 19 frames per second at maximum resolution; 256MB DDR3 buffer for quick and stable data transfer and reduced amp glow; includes separate USB2.0 hub for powering accessories such as autoguiding camera and electronic focuser (not included)
- Compact, lightweight, and attractive red anodized CNC aluminum body stands up to heavy field use; Connects to 1.25" and 2" telescope focusers with included T-threaded 1.25" nosepiece and 2" adapter
- Camera electronics draw power from your computer's USB3.0 interface, however a separate 12V@3A power supply (not included) is required to power the TEC cooler; All software and drivers are available from the manufacturer's website; compatible with Mac OS X and Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) XP and later
ASI183 has much potential, and each feature means a new posibility! This camera is suitable for a wide range of astronomical application.
The ASI 183 camera series is the most sensitivie cameras in ZWO history. Peak Q.E. of the mono sensor reaches 84%!
In the astronomic application field, Sony IMX183CLK-J (monochrome) and IMX183CQJ-J (color) sensors uses a very high sensitivity back-illuminated structure with high resolution 2.4 μm square unit pixel. The ASI183 cameras have a very large full well capacity （15000e） for such small pixel size, 1.6e read noise @ 30DB, and 12 stops dynamic range @ Gain=0. The ASI183 cameras also utilize firmware features to minimize amplifier glow for maximum performance in astrophotography.
Sony's back-illuminated Exmor R technology is giving it excellent Deep Sky performance. ASI183 QE peak reaches a remarkable 84%. In Ha channel, QE is still over 60%. Having high QE means more of the light that enters your telescope and reaches the sensor is actually used. The ASI183 will utilize a high percentage of the light that reaches it, improving your signal quality.
Fast FPS can be used in solar and lunar imaging, as well as for live viewing/EAA. The high speed readout may also be used for real-time focusing, true lucky imaging of double stars and other small objects, planetary imaging of the major planets in the solar system, and much more.
- 5496×3672 19fps
- 3840×2160 41.04fps
- 1920×1080 80.10fps
- 1280×720 117.30fps
- 5496×3672 19fps
- 3840×2160 36.12fps
- 1920×1080 70.48fps