ZWO ASI294MC-PRO 11.3 MP CMOS Color Astronomy Camera with USB 3.0# ASI294MC-P
- ZWO ASI294MC-Pro cooled color astronomy camera for capturing high-resolution color images of deep-sky objects such as nebulae, star clusters, supernova remnants, and galaxies through a telescope on a motorized equatorial mount; also works for imaging the Moon and Sun (with safe solar filter, not included)
- Advanced micro-4/3 CMOS sensor with 4144x2822 (11.7 megapixel) resolution to capture fine detail in astronomical objects; Integrated TEC cooling reduces sensor temperature to 35C below ambient to enable low-noise imaging of fainter deep-sky objects
- Fast USB3.0 transfer at up to 16 frames per second at maximum resolution; 256MB DDR3 buffer for quick and stable data transfer and reduced amp glow; includes separate USB2.0 hub for powering accessories such as autoguiding camera and electronic focuser (not included)
- Compact, lightweight, and attractive red anodized CNC aluminum body stands up to heavy field use; Connects to 1.25" and 2" telescope focusers with included T-threaded 1.25" nosepiece and 2" adapter (not included)
- Camera electronics draw power from your computer's USB3.0 interface, however a separate 12V@3A power supply (not included) is required to power the TEC cooler; All software and drivers are available from the manufacturer's website; compatible with Mac OS X and Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) XP and later
The ASI 294MC is the first camera with the latest Sony IMX294CJK sensor: the ideal astro camera for every conceivable application!
The "back-illuminated" Sony CMOS sensor ensures maximum sensitivity and therefore short exposure times. With just 30 seconds of exposure time and subsequent stacking, you'll be able to capture faint nebulae and galaxies with this camera - without any active cooling!
The main advantages of the camera at a glance:
- USB 3.0 for a fast download - can also be operated with USB 2.0
- Very sensitive CMOS sensor: quantum efficiency in the maximum over 75% (about 530nm)
- Good resolution due to relatively small pixels
- Supplied with AR clear glass filter, which means full passage also in the infrared. If the IR is to be blocked, an IR cut filter is needed.
- HCG mode - if Gain (pre-amplification) is higher than 120 (12 db), the readout noise will be reduced below 2e - Result: Despite extremely high sensitivity, you will obtain low-noise images.
- High full-well capacity: even bright stars do not burn anymore, they get a better signal-to-noise ratio.
- Big scope of delivery: adapters, cables and more
ZWO ASI Pro Features:
The ASI Pro cameras include a 256MB DDR3 memory buffer to help improve data transfer reliability. Additionally, the use of a memory buffer minimizes amp-glow, which is caused by the slow transfer speeds when the camera is used with a USB 2.0 port.
ZWO ASI Pro cameras have an improved casing. There are four screws that seal the sensor chamber. Our camera design has been extensively tested and is very stable. Even when used in higher humidity environments, The camera will still work fine without dew problems.
ZWO ASI Pro cameras also contain a 2-stage TEC cooling system that enables d